Careers @ PlaySide
Software Engineer (Senior)
A Senior programmer is a proven professional in their field, with the ability to guide a product along the development process and provide vision to all members of the team. They must strive to ensure the end products adheres to PlaySide’s high level of quality. They must excel in all areas of their skill set and ensure all playside titles are successful from a technical standpoint i.e performance and integration. They are key to keeping projects on track and be a key member of staff providing support where necessary to all members of PlaySide. They must provide the skill and expertise to make sure that projects are set up with the core foundations necessary.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time with the ability to adapt quickly to new styles and workflows.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to provide vision and guide projects to success.
- Experience providing mentorship and training to more junior members of the team.
- Exceptional level of understanding of C# and Unity
-Experience integrating a variety of SDK’s and tools into projects.
- Unity and/or Unreal Engine experience
- Working in a senior/lead position with external parties.
-To provide exceptional technical support on your projects to create a fun and engaging experience.
- Setting up projects in early development phases to ensure that the end product meets PlaySide strict technical quality.
-Projects must meets all performance requirements set in early stages of development.
- Ability to work autonomously during all stage of development and provide support to producers and other departments to assist in scheduling.
- To learn and improve your skills in all areas of your field.
- Striving to improve quality in the department staying on top of all new trends and technologies.
- To create efficient and performant workflows, and creating tools to assist other departments.
- Constant research & interpretation of latest trends in game design.
- To help in reinforcing great teamwork and amazing studio culture.