Careers @ PlaySide
Prototyper (Engineer / Design)
We are looking to add more people to our awesome prototype team. It is your goal to create new and fun mechanics that could possibly become PlaySide's next hit title! You are a blend of a programmer / designer and love creating new things but also have the ability to move on when things aren't working. You also love researching current gaming trends and mechanics and working in small teams!
In this role, the prototyper must be able to rapidly prototype new game ideas with fast iteration. They must have the ability to work within Unity and understand "game feel" and show the ability to learn and grown in all areas of their skill set. They must adapt to PlaySide’s systems and pipeline and invoke influence on their projects.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- Initiatives undertaken in game development in either a tertiary level or self taught
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving capabilities
- Prior Knowledge of C# proven use of skills to a professional level.
- Unity 3D experience essential
- Ability to create fast prototypes within a week.
- Understanding of the art and animation pipeline.
- To create small game projects and create a fun and engaging experience
- To learn and improve your skills in all areas of your field.
- To create efficient and performant solution to integrate within your titles.
- Constant research & interpretation of latest trends in game design.
- To help in reinforcing great teamwork and amazing studio culture.
- Working alongside the other members in a professional manner with clear communication