Age Of Darkness - Final Stand - OUT NOW
Updated: Mar 3
The age of empires is over; PlaySide’s survival real-time strategy debut makes its final stand against the insurmountable Nightmares that inhabit the Age of Darkness.
Friday, 8th October 2021 – Team17 and PlaySide Studios have today launched the survival real-time strategy game, Age of Darkness: Final Stand into Steam Early Access. Set in a dark fantasy world with the last vestiges of humanity fighting for survival, Age of Darkness: Final Stand features proprietary SwarmTech technology to render over 70,000 enemies – the Nightmares – that attack humanity’s last known stronghold. Surrounded by The Veil, a deadly procedurally generated fog of war that conceals Nightmares and drains the very lifeforce from anyone brave enough to venture through it, the final enclaves of humanity must survive a series of five Death Nights, waves of attacks with an exponential number of Nightmares to overcome, so hope can endure.
Age of Darkness: Final Stand Key Features:
● Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render over 70,000 enemies on screen at any point
● All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
● Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random malice appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best-laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
● A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
● An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Each Death Night brings with it ‘malices’, random malices and gameplay modifiers such as reduced range of defence towers or even trained units leaving training halls as Nightmares, which test humanity’s strategies for survival. Meanwhile, mighty Heroes can bring with them unique abilities that can help strongholds hold back the Nightmares during the night. Today’s launch sees Edwin, wielder of the flame, become humanity’s first hero. A champion of close-range combat, Edwin harnesses the power of fire to unleash such abilities as Crackfire – an explosive area of attack – and Enflame, which imbues his blade with flames for further attack prowess.
Players can order Age of Darkness: Final Stand now and keep up to date with all the information on Age of Darkness: Final Stand by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter and joining us on Discord.
For more information please contact: Jon Wilcox – Senior PR Manager – Team17 email@example.com / +44 (0) 7932 900 998
Rebecca Nicol – Junior PR & Events Manager – Team17
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7944 096 906
About PlaySide Studios PlaySide Studios is Australia’s largest independent video game developer. Focused on creating AAA titles with 90+ experienced developers from some of the largest studios including EA Visceral, Riot, Epic, 2K, and THQ. The company’s portfolio consists of 50+ titles delivered across a variety of platforms, including PC, Console, VR, AR and Mobile. The company was founded in 2011, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in December 2020 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
For more information about PlaySide Studios, please visit https://www.playsidestudios.com/
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.